Datasets for analysis
All analysts need amazing datasets to learn analysis
If you want to level-up your Tableau, Qlik Sense or Python data analysis skills, you need to work with those programs every day. But what if you don’t have a job in which you can do it for money? Then you have to find datasets for analysis that are data- rich and interesting. At first it will be hard to find datasets for analysis that are easy to understand, not too big and complicated. As you will go through your data analytics journey, it will be much easier for you to find cool and interesting datasets.
Here I will put all the datasets that I am using for my analytic training.
Various data for analysis
1. Movie database from GroupLens Research that has over 20 million ratings, also 465,000 tag applications applied to 27,000 movies by 138,000 users. With this data set you will not only be able to do all kinds of analysis with tableau, but you will also get to know what movies are worth to watch.
2. Another dataset for analysis from GroupLens Research has 25,623 YouTube IDs. Those IDs links to the same 20 million ratings movies dataset. I think it would be worth to link those film’s trailers with Youtube views data and that will get you a lot of insights about movies trends.
3. Lithuanian official statistics portal https://osp.stat.gov.lt is one of my best datasets for analysis because all the town and village names are familiar to me. You can change language to English in left top corner.
4. Stupendous dataset for store and sales analysis comes from a book called Tableau 10.0 Best Practices by Jenny Zhang. You can download a file from a github here. It is possible to buy this book only for 5 dollars now.
6. QLIK Rugby World Championships App. This is really not a database, but an example what can be done with a data. Here you can see all the information about currently running Rugby World championship in Japan.
Also you can see all the historical data from different views. You can also read a blog post from Qlik about how Data might create a World cup winning squad.
7. Are you a basketball fan? Then you will love a website in which you can see newest and historical statistics for all kind of basketball leagues. It’s basketball-reference.com. You can download stats tables as excel workbook or .csv file.